What will viral marketing bring to your brand?
How long the effect gonna last?
Is it going to be short-lived?
- ´Gangnam Style´ grabs football (soccerway.com)
- VIDEO: The Thai Tims do ‘Gangnam Style’ (dailyrecord.co.uk)
- From GoGangnam.com – Gangnam — Anticipated to Be Halloween’s Most Popular Costume (prweb.com)
Lana Del Rey performing Born To Die in the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge January 2012
Vodpod videos no longer available.
It has been moths since I started experiencing with both Twitter and Sina Weibo. I have also talked and showed quite a lot of my colleagues about Chinese twitter. Some people may say it is a copy of Twitter, however I would say it is an advanced reforming of Twitter. If one day Twitter decides to do some similar changes, I would feel shame because it could have done it much more earlier.
In this post, I would like to share some characters in Sina Weibo to give a general idea about What’s in it and How it will be helpful in a commercial way.
In the blank area you can:
- You can personalise your home page and your categories
- You can select whether you want to share a mood face/ a photo/ a video/ a music
- You can also lead a new topic or rise a vote
- The colourful banner is the place for image ads, all the image ads will be randomly rolling in this banner
- All the celebrities/companies/groups/ institutions can apply with Weibo to be certified with a “V” after their twitter account name, so that to protect its identity from being copied by others.
- While you are retwitting others’ twitts, you can also add your comments and twitte your comment with the original twitte together.
- The side banner contains online commercial events (the colourful image in the side banner in this picture is the online event of NBA), hot topic/trend list.
- You can add mood faces/flash inside your twitte to enhance the emotion
- You can twitte in text combine with direct images/ video/ music
- The image in your twitte can be clicked to see bigger image without opening other pages, but one image a time, so if you want to put an album you can put one representative image with an album link
- You can upload your own video or you can share a video link. When you share a video link, it will automatically show the beginning image of the video (like in facebook)
- The side banner in this picture shows people who share common followers with me, a function like Facbook’s “People You May Know”; it also shows the topic list that I am involving with or paying attention on; and the goups that I have joined in.
- China and Weibo vs USA and Twitter (newcommbiz.com)
- Sina Weibo To Release English-Version, Compete Globally (businessinsider.com)
- SINA Goes to America? (fool.com)
- Chinese ‘Twitter’ breaks out of China (go.theregister.com)
- Sina Is Going To Try To Kill Twitter (businessinsider.com)
Yesterday, I created my first digital painting using an online platform called Psykopaint. A part from the joyful and exited feeling after the creation of your first digital painting work in your life, I start realising how important and dramatic is technology playing in our life nowadays.
While experiencing the explosion of digital technology, did we ever think about what these changes are going to lead us to? When every creative mind can use some platforms like Psykopaint or else, then what’s the point or say difference between professional and amateurish? Since all the digital technologies are equally open to everyone, then is there going to be a clear boundaries between different occupations like designers, photographers, painters and graphic designers or there will be more and more acquisition? Should we re-define the industry competition as the competition in technology instead of competition in talents?
Also, to digital marketing it seems the fascinating combination of different apps, platforms or digital media tools become decidedly important. I admit that bid management is very attractive to me in terms of the mathematics logic and psychological challenge, however, quality score is special in a way of its innovative content and creative possibilities. Both of bid and quality score will rely on digital tools, platforms, and I believe the biggest difference in this competition will be whose tools, platforms are more efficient and revolutionary. Which software, tools or platforms are you using now for your bid management and quality score measurement?
- Cross-Platform Mobile Development Tool Acquired by Software AG (readwriteweb.com)
- Monster Digital Painting Tutorial (cartoonsmartblog.wordpress.com)
- A Beginner’s Guide to Pay-Per-Click: Quality Score (octoclick.com)
I’ve been planning a lot to write about my Internship in GO-optimisation, however I have to say it is not easy to make a conclusion at the moment. Because the time isn’t right, which means I need time to logically and objectively review this experience. Therefore, I decide to put some photos I’ve worked on for GO. I also believe these images in some way can represent my feeling about this moth’s experience in a more direct view.
I will update my internship review and PPC beginner review soon.
This is just a quick post about an article I’ve read in Mashable.com. It is an article about Fackbook of China – Renren Set for $5 Billion IPO. Renren as China’s most efficient, biggest real-name social network has listed its shares on The New York Stock Exchange on Wed.
I believe it has been very obvious that the social media marketing rules between China and the rest part of the world are different. Although a lot of people work on analysing the difference in order to find out a solution for their business better performance in this growing market, personally I don’t think it is an efficient way to do so. However, I do believe if we can compare Renren’s biggest competitor in China – Kaixin, which entered the Chinese social media market earlier than Renren, and figure out why Renren grows dramatically faster than Kaixin, what element in this competition play a fundamental role, then we will be more efficient on finding the right strategy to engaging with Chinese social media market.
I will post on some more analysis on not only Chinese social media comparison but also on PPC optimisation.
I am also interested in your opinion on this topic.
- 2,527 hits
- Hey, I just signed up for Desall, check it out: bit.ly/29yOXtY #desallcom #design #contest 7 months ago
- Go Figure: The week in numbers, impressive numbers, quite of a surprise! 3 1 year ago
- Low inflation to give UK finances '£6bn windfall' j.mp/1EtYmu8 1 year ago
- Well done ! j.mp/1MnBuyd 1 year ago
- Instagram reveals new advertising format - j.mp/1GnmkdK via @FT Universities, here is another recruitment tool for you! 1 year ago